Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Red - By Bayliss

Our class is now well under way with our inquiry topic called Colour My World.  As part of this we did a word association to do with the colours of the rainbow - e.g. what is the first thing you think of when you think of the colour red.  We then talked about how different colours make us feel differently.  We thought it would be fun to write some poems using a simple sentence structure.  Over the next few days we will post some of these up.  The following poem was written by Bayliss


Red is a strawberry ready to be eaten
Red is a balloon going side to side in the air
Red is blood dripping down the wall in a horror movie
Red is a beautiful bird gliding in the sky
Red is the eyes of a spooky black spider
Red is the colour making me cosy in my bed
Zzzzz!

1 comment:

  1. Bsyliss! What awesome imagery in your colour poem!!! I love the line, "Red is the eyes of a spooky black spider" I picture that row of eyes looking back at me!

    ReplyDelete