Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Fountain - By Oliver

Our class recently went to the Otago Museum to learn about colour.  When we were there we got to go inside the butterfly house.  I asked the children to write about a 'moment' rather than a whole recount of our trip.  This is Oliver's lovely piece of writing - his goal was to add adjectives to make his writing interesting - post him a comment to tell him how you think he did.


When we went to the gardens we went to this beautiful fountain.  When I touched the waterfall it felt nice and cold.  The fountain was really lovely.  The water would fly out then give way and fall down.  I wished I could have drunk the whole thing because it looked so nice.  I would like it in my back yard.  I like it more than the colourful flowers.  I wanted to stay there forever but we had to go.   




The Butterfly House Fountain on PhotoPeach

3 comments:

  1. Great writing Oliver! We loved the description of the water fountain especially the part about it 'flying out, giving way then falling down', we could imagine exactly what you saw. Thanks for your great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved your writing Oliver. Uncle Justyn and I are so impressed with your descriptions. We will show this to our friends here in Canada. Keep up the great writing Oliver! Love Auntie Kye (Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Oliver: I enjoyed your writing of the beautiful fountain and the pleasure it gave you
    as you watched the movement of the water. You described it so well even I could see it.
    Well done!
    from Grandma, Fonthill, Niagara, Canada.

    ReplyDelete