Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Was So Scared - By Katie

One night when I was in bed, dad shut my bedroom door (which he wasn't meant to do).  It was pitch black.  Something moved; creaking noises filled the room.  Then an eerie silence filled the room.  My heart raced like a running race.  I head  a rustling sound.  It sounded like newspapers being crushed.  A shiver ran down my spine.  A sudden light appeared on the ground and I saw shadows.  Then something appeared in the light.  It was just my kitten Summer.  I felt relieved; like I'd just tasted a bowl of cheddar.  Dad came back in the room and asked, "is Summer in here?"  
"Yes," I replied.  On cue Summer shot out of the room.  Eventually mum opened the fridge and gave her some soft cat food.  She wolfed it down in ten seconds flat.  I though she was going to start howling for more but instead she curled up on the sofa and fell asleep.  She was definitely happy - I think she was dreaming of mice hopping into her mouth.  

4 comments:

  1. I thought your story was funny
    oliver

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful descriptive piece of work Katie. Summer is very mischievous, isn't she? and she loves her soft kitten food almost as much as she love you. Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie - this is a wonderful piece of writing. I really like how you developed the story and took your reader on a journey. I also enjoyed your choice of vocabulary - it's lovely and rich and paints pictures in my mind. Mrs Wood :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know, you actually had me a little bit scared with the clever use of suspense and description at the start? I did laugh out loud when I realised it was about your kitten, Summer!

    ReplyDelete