Thursday, February 17, 2011

Beach Education

On Monday room 9 and 10 went to the beach. We learnt about the beach with the life guards. We made really big sand castles. The girls won. Then we had a swim. The waves almost knocked me down. The sand was as shiny as glitter and there were sand hoppers in the sand. They freaked me out! I thought the sand hoppers bit but they didn’t bite. The sun was shining brightly and the waves were enormous (that was the fun part). It was lots and lots of fun. It was the best day of my life. We played like rats. I felt happy because it was fun.
By Shanaye

3 comments:

  1. Donna & Richard YoungFebruary 17, 2011 at 9:57 PM

    Thanks for describing your beach day so well Shaynae. Sounds like it was lots of fun and we liked the part about the sandcastles and the sandhoppers! Playing like rats sounds like a lot of fun! Donna & Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shanaye - what a lovely description of your day with us at beach education. I was really impressed with your simile - "the sand was as shiny as glitter" and it really paints a picture for the reader. I'm was glad the sand hoppers didn't bite too! Keep up the great work - I can't wait to read your next piece of writing. - Mrs Wood :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi shanaye I like your writing.But I think you shood yous some more disribing words.Madison

    ReplyDelete