Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Irish Rugby Team Visit - By Nick


On Friday Room 9 went to the hall very quietly.  We waited and waited for the Irish team to come.  Finally they came but only four of them came.  “Hey look!  There’s Obrien!  Wow he’s my favourite player in the Irish team.”  When they sat on the chairs some of the boys did the haka.  I was in the haka.  Crash-boom the boys went crazy.  Argh!!  The haka was finally finished.  Yay.  A miracle – I just did the haka to the Irish team.  When they left the bell rang for 3 p.m.  

3 comments:

  1. Wow Nick! This is a super piece of writing - I especially love your strong writer's voice. I can sense your excitement of seeing your favourite player!
    Mrs Wood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic writing Nick!
    It was wonderful to see all the children dressed in 'green' in support of the Irish team. I'm sure the players enjoyed their visit to St Clair School, especially the Haka!!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete