Friday, November 18, 2011

Pop Art - by Room 9

Pop Art by Room 9 on PhotoPeach



Our Knowledge of Colour Impacts Our World
By Katie
We did pop art of fruit in a fruit bowl on a tablecloth.

First, we drew some fruit and inked them to make them look more cartoony.

We cut out the fruit and started designing the background next. The background of was a tablecloth, so we designed the pattern of it. We used stencils and drew the pattern with a black vivid. I had a swirly shape coloured in red.

We dyed the rest of the background. I dyed mine green because red and green are contrasting colours. (That’s why Christmas colours are red and green).

Mr Neumegen hot-glue gunned the fruit onto the fruit bowl and we were done with our pop art.

Our knowledge of colour helped us to create an artwork that contrasted well and had colours that work together to make a bold, bright piece of art.

People Use Colour
By Samantha

People use colour in lots of ways, but today we used it for cartoon pop art. I learnt that the background needs to have bright colours so it stands out a lot, and it looks attractive. I also learnt that you need a different kind of dye over the background pattern otherwise it won’t stand out as much.

When I look at Room 9’s artwork, I think people will like to see the way we used colour.

People Use Colour
By Maddie
People use colour when they create pop art. Pop art stands for “popular art”.

When Room 9 went to the Art Gallery, we did a special type of art called pop art. We used colour on the tablecloth part by using one colour for the shapes and another colour for the background.

Some of us used complimentary colours and some of us used contrasting colours.  I think Room 9 used colour well to make our pop art stand out well. I enjoyed it.

People Respond to Colour
By Lil

Pop art paintings take things that are almost real looking, but then they make it look like cartoons. In pop art, you can do anything you want and make it look crazy. For example, you could make your skin orange or green or purple or blue.

Our paintings were about fruit. We drew all sorts of fruit and made patterns in our backgrounds. After that, we dyed over our patterns.

The colour I picked for my dye was yellow, because I had only used that colour once, so I thought it would make it stand out. People said my art looks good, and I think the yellow helps them think that.




People Use Colour
By Nancy

Room 9 went to the Art Gallery and we made a very popular kind of art called pop art.

I used different colours for my fruit. My background was green because I thought it might stand out…and it did!


No comments:

Post a Comment